Man electrocuted in Delhi

June 21st, 2008 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS  


New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) A man, in his late 20s, was electrocuted when a ceiling fan fell on him, Delhi Police said Saturday. “The victim, Rakesh, was found dead at his uncle’s house in Sultanpuri area. His family said they discovered the body on the bed at 2 p.m. Friday with the ceiling fan on his legs,” a police officer said.

He was taken to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.

The police suspect that Rakesh was electrocuted by the live electric wire of the fan.

“He had arrived in Delhi sometime ago from Chhapra in Bihar and was living with his uncle, who works in Delhi Jal Board. He was searching for a job here,” the police officer added.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe