Man electrocuted in DelhiMay 22nd, 2011 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 22 (IANS) A 30-year-old man was electrocuted in his rented home in south Delhi Sunday morning, police said.
“Surendra Mahto, a resident of Vijay Enclave of Dabri area in South Delhi, was electrocuted while he was climbing stairs,” said a senior police officer.
Police said that Mahto, who hails from Sitamarhi in Bihar, was an autorickshaw driver here, came home early morning and was climbing the stairs, made of iron material. While he got hold of railing, he was electrocuted, police said.
During their probe, police found that due to downpour Saturday there was a short circuit in the building and the stairs too.
–Indo-Asain News Service
- Married woman found dead, parents suspect murder - Mar 08, 2011
- Robbing to watch movies, four held - Mar 28, 2011
- Man held for fake visa racket - Jul 09, 2011
- Three held for sports complex in-charge's murder - Jun 07, 2011
- Clash in capital, 15 arrested - May 17, 2011
- Man held for impersonating as judicial officer - Jun 14, 2011
- Man commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- Man dies as car catches fire - Sep 23, 2011
- Delhi safe, but avoid late nights: Police chief (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- No Diwali gifts, only charity donations please: PM - Oct 20, 2011
- Class 10 student electrocuted - Nov 22, 2011
- Aniston's handprints immortalised - Jul 08, 2011
- 1 dead in sports car crash in Delhi (lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- 11 killed, 91 injured as terror returns to Delhi - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: asain, climbing the stairs, downpour, enclave, indo, iron material, man electrocuted, morning police, New Delhi, news service, old man, police officer, railing, short circuit, sks, south delhi, sunday morning, vdm, vm