Man eats 25,000 burgers, says more to come!May 22nd, 2011 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 22 (IANS) A 57-year-old American has eaten 25,000 McDonald burgers and plans to continue eating more of them till the day he dies, a media report said Sunday.
Don Gorske, a retired prison guard, was honoured after reaching the milestone with a ceremony at a McDonald’s in his hometown of Fond du Lac, Daily Mail reported.
“I plan on eating the Big Mac until I die. I have no intention of changing. It’s still my favourite food. Nothing has changed in 39 years. I look forward to it every day,” he said.
His obsession with the burger started in 1972, when he bought three Big Mac burgers to celebrate the purchase of a new car. He was hooked, and went back to McDonald’s twice more that day, eating nine before they closed.
He’s only gone eight days since without a Big Mac, the Mail said.
“I probably have an obsessive-compulsive disorder. I have kept all the Big Mac boxes and receipts over the years and also noted down my purchases in calendars,” said the prison guard.
Incredibly for all the burger eating, Gorske is slim and his cholesterol is just fine.
In 2008, Guinness verified that Gorske has consumed the most Big Mac burgers ever, at the time, just 23,000.
If he lives until the age of 86 he would have eaten around 40,000 Big Mac burgers.
“I think 25,000 is a pretty awesome number, I will never live long enough to eat 50,000,” the Mail quoted him as saying.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- Meet the man who has eaten 23000 Big Macs! - Sep 10, 2008
- McDonald's to give free fruit with every Happy Meal - Jul 27, 2011
- McDonald's staff caught selling stale food - Mar 16, 2012
- Snoop Dogg digs into junk food - Jul 19, 2011
- McDonald's to pay Brazilian ex-employee $17,500 for weight he gained on the job - Oct 29, 2010
- Sally Davies Shows McDonald's Happy Meal Doesn't Rot - Oct 13, 2010
- Now, a McDonald's burger named after Shane Warne! - Nov 10, 2010
- 6 months later, McDonald's happy meal 'turns into plastic' - Oct 12, 2010
- Jessie J hates junk food - Jul 25, 2012
- McDonalds all set to introduce the McItaly burgers - Feb 10, 2010
- French fast food chain launches foie gras burger for just 5 euros - Nov 27, 2010
- Rihanna spotted at McDonalds - Dec 23, 2011
- Meet the American who lost a stone in 30 days - courtesy McDonald's diet! - Apr 22, 2009
- McDonald's new Favourites Combo has enough calories for a whole day - Feb 20, 2011
- Fast food culture making people impatient - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: asian news, burgers, cholesterol, daily mail, eight days, favourite food, fond du lac, guinness, indo, mcdonald, milestone, new car, news service, obsession, obsessive compulsive disorder, prison guard, receipts, snb, varun, vm