Man drowns in Sukhna Lake in ChandigarhNovember 3rd, 2008 - 11:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 3 (IANS) A 22-year-old man died after he fell in the Sukhna Lake here Monday, the police said.Rajan Rastogi, a resident of Bartana village in district Mohali in Punjab, around 10 km from here, had come for an outing to Sukhna Lake with his friend Lakhveer Singh, a police officer told IANS.
“He was clicking a photograph sitting on the stem of a broken tree when he lost his balance and fell into the lake,” Singh said.
His friend later called the police after he failed to rescue Rastogi, Singh added.
The police fished out the body.
Sukhna Lake is one of the major tourist spot of the city thronged by hundreds of tourists everyday.
- Youth falls into Rock Garden pond, dies - Apr 25, 2011
- Chandigarh to spruce up Sukhna Lake to attract tourists - Jan 31, 2011
- Cops suspended as Santa goes up in smoke in Chandigarh - Dec 29, 2010
- Two men murdered in Chandigarh - Mar 16, 2011
- Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake hits rock bottom (Letter from Chandigarh) (With Images) - Jun 11, 2012
- Rainwater harvesting works wonders for Sukhna Lake - Jan 11, 2011
- Chandigarh's roses as beautiful as the city, gush foreigners - Feb 26, 2011
- Coconut trees, the next adventure sport platform? - Oct 24, 2011
- British tourist's body found in Nepal lake - Oct 21, 2010
- More tourists visiting Orissa's Chilika Lake - Nov 30, 2010
- Students out on boats to save Sukhna lake - May 15, 2010
- Shhh! Chandigarh environs are hosting winged visitors - Dec 17, 2010
- Violent winds leave trail of destruction in Kashmir, one dead (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2012
- Lovelorn college student commits suicide in Chandigarh - Nov 18, 2008
- Cricket fan killed in freak accident in Mohali - Mar 31, 2011