Man dies of electrocutionJuly 5th, 2011 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) A 22-year-old man died Tuesday morning after he accidentally touched a high tension wire here, police said.
Ravi Kumar, who hailed from Bilaspur in Uttar Pradesh, worked as a truck cleaner and was sleeping atop a parked truck in south Delhi’s Chattarpur area.
When he woke up around 6.30 a.m. Tuesday, his hand touched a high tension wire just above the vehicle, killing him on the spot, a police officer said.
The incident comes close on the heels of another accident involving high tension wire June 23, when over 20 people, mostly women and children, were injured after a 1,000 metre long high tension power line fell to the ground in a residential colony in east Delhi’s Khajuri Khas area.
- 22 injured as power line breaks, falls on houses (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Minor girl, two others killed in Delhi accidents - Aug 10, 2012
- Man arrested in Delhi for employing minors - Jun 02, 2012
- Three trucks catch fire, one dead - Feb 02, 2011
- Man robbed of Rs.5 lakh in Delhi - Jun 07, 2010
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Chhattisgarh town tense after cop killed by thieves - Feb 03, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi road accidents - Sep 20, 2011
- Man run over by bus, killed instantly - May 07, 2010
- Pilgrim killed in Gurgaon - Jul 17, 2012
- 22 injured in Delhi fire - Jun 23, 2011
- Delay in police complaint lets accused walk free - Jun 17, 2012
- Women raped by cab driver in south Delhi - Dec 13, 2011
- Truck driver electrocuted - May 01, 2010
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012