Man dies after being hit by legislator’s car in Uttar PradeshApril 10th, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 10 (IANS) A man was killed and his wife injured Friday when the motorcycle they were riding was hit by the car of a Samajwadi Party (SP) legislator in Uttar Pradesh’s Mau district, police said.
“The accident took place today (Friday) in the Dholvan locality in Mau, when the legislator Sanatan Pandey’s car, being driven by his chauffeur Praveen Kumar, hit the motorcycle along the Mau-Ballia route,” police inspector Devendra Singh told IANS over telephone.
According to the police, the legislator was in the car at the time of the accident.
Police have registered a case against the driver, but are yet to arrest him.
“We have initiated an inquiry into the case and will take necessary action on the completion of the inquiry,” said Singh.
The injured woman is being treated at the district hospital in Mau, police said.
Meanwhile, the legislator’s car has been seized, police said.
Mau is some 300 km from Lucknow.
- Seven killed as car rams into police booth - Nov 23, 2011
- BSP man killed as violence continues in UP despite appeals - Mar 10, 2012
- Four killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 29, 2011
- Six women dead in boat capsize - Mar 04, 2011
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- BJP legislator's son shot dead in UP - May 08, 2012
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 21, 2011
- Speeding Mercedes kills a constable, injures another - Apr 10, 2012
- Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run: Order on police plea reserved - May 16, 2012
- BSP legislator booked for accident - Sep 10, 2011
- Seven killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Oct 28, 2010
- BSP legislator booked for violence in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 12, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- On way to his marriage, groom dies in accident - May 27, 2011