Man crushed to death in DelhiOctober 6th, 2011 - 5:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 6 (IANS) An unidentified vehicle crushed a man to death when he fell on the road after his bike hit a car, police said Thursday.
Twenty-eight-year-old Sanjeev Bhattacharya of New Ashok Nagar in east Delhi was on his way home from a medical shop where he was working when the incident took place Wednesday at Lajpat Nagar in south Delhi.
Bhattacharya’s bike hit a taxi and he fell on the road. A speeding vehicle from behind ran over him, crushing him to death, and fled from the spot.
The victim was rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) trauma centre where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Aug 08, 2012
- Three killed in road accidents - Feb 06, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents in Delhi - Aug 14, 2011
- Woman dies in wall collapse - Jan 08, 2012
- Delhi cop robbed of seized bike by traffic violator - Jun 14, 2012
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- Delhi policeman knocked dead by speeding taxi - Jun 07, 2012
- Girl commits suicide over brother's death - Sep 20, 2011
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Call centre executive killed on BRT corridor - Mar 28, 2010
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Two killed, including toddler, in accidents - Jan 29, 2011
- Speeding car kills two pavement sleepers - Jun 17, 2011
- Dalit killed in clashes between protesters, police - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, ashok nagar, dead on arrival, doctors, east delhi, india institute, New Delhi, police said thursday, sanjeev bhattacharya, south delhi, taxi, trauma centre