Man crushed to death by bus in capitalJanuary 18th, 2011 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 18 (IANS) A 32-year-old man was crushed to death by a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus near Karol Bagh Metro station in central Delhi, police said Tuesday.The victim has been identified as Sanjay Kumar Paswan, hailing from Hazaribagh in Jharkhand. He was working as a parking attendant and was living with his friends in the capital. He was on his way home when the accident took place around 9 p.m. Monday.
He was rushed to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
“The driver of the bus, Bansi Lal, was apprehended from the spot,” a police officer said.
“The post-mortem examination has been completed and the body has been handed over to his family members for the last rites,” he added.
- Delhi road rage: Pilot runs over man four times - Jan 11, 2011
- Man crushed to death in east Delhi - Feb 12, 2011
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Road rage: Victim's kin reacts strongly to pilot's bail - Jan 12, 2011
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012
- Alcoholic man commits suicide - Jan 19, 2011
- Jeweller's employee held for helping robbers - Dec 22, 2010
- Bus mows down guard - Dec 29, 2011
- Delhi road rage: Cops await victim's autopsy report - Jan 13, 2011
- Delhi Metro mock drill hits commuters (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Charred body found at Delhi nursery - Apr 18, 2012
- One dead in DTC bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- Delhi road rage: Jet Airways pilot granted bail (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Capital rage: Airlines pilot crushes man in Delhi's Khan Market (Second Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: central delhi, delhi police, family members, jharkhand, karol bagh, lal, last rites, metro station, mortem examination, New Delhi, old man, parking attendant, police officer, post mortem, ram manohar lohia hospital, sanjay kumar, transport corporation