Man cremates father’s body in house, mother dies in blazeJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 2 (IANS) In a bizarre incident, a man cremated the body of his father in the house itself and locked the door from outside leaving his mother inside, who was also engulfed in the flames, the police said Friday. The incident occurred Thursday night in Radha Kunj under Indirapuram police station in Ghaziabad.
“We have registered a criminal case against the son - Manoj on the complaint of constable Saleem Ahmad who witnessed the incident,” circle officer S.P. Singh said.
According to the FIR, Ram Adhar, 60, died Thursday night.
Adhar’s wife Anara Devi was in the room with the body when Manoj collected some cow-dung cakes and set the body on fire.
Manoj then left the room and bolted it from outside. There was a fire in the room and his mother was also engulfed in the flames. When a local resident unlocked the room he found Devi dead, the police said.
The police are now on the look-out for Manoj.
- Woman, child die after spat - Mar 28, 2012
- No breakthrough in Woodland manager's murder case - Jul 21, 2012
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Delhi cop on shooting spree kills two, self (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Manhole death: Ghaziabad civic officials booked - May 09, 2012
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Over 300 dead as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Night Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Woodland manager gunned down outside Ghaziabad home - Jul 20, 2012
- Firing at Ghaziabad mall - Jun 14, 2011
- Pilot arrested after wife hangs herself to death - Dec 02, 2011
- Police told to produce missing man or his body - Aug 04, 2012
- 7 children die in farmhouse fire in rural Pennsylvania - Mar 09, 2011
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Ex-IAF officer, wife murdered (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011