Man confesses of killing airhostess, shooting army generalApril 11th, 2008 - 11:17 pm ICT by admin
Noida, April 11 (IANS) Lachhi Yadav, who was arrested for allegedly gunning down a former airhostess and injuring a retired army man three days ago, Friday confessed to his crime before a city magistrate, who sent him to eight-day police remand. According to the Noida police, Yadav, accused in 17 other criminal cases registered against him in Noida and Ghaziabad, confessed that he and his three other accomplices Anil, Ashok and Mukesh killed Sheeba Thomas, a former airhostess with Virgin Atlantic, late Tuesday when she tried to fend off their attempt to rob her in Sector-31.
The other three criminals are still absconding.
The police claimed that Yadav also admitted his role in firing at retired Lieutenant General T.J.S. Gill and robbing three other people in the same area on the same night.
The police said his statement was recorded under section 161 of Criminal Procedure Code.
On the day of incident, Yadav and Anil were on a CBZ motorcycle, while Ashok and Mukesh were on another bike, which is yet to be recovered.
“We have recovered the CBZ motorcycle from Yadav’s house at Sarfabad,” the official added.
- Gang leader behind Noida crimes nabbed - Apr 20, 2008
- Slain air hostess' credit card recovered: Noida police - Apr 30, 2008
- Chain snatcher shot dead in Noida, accomplice escapes - Jan 27, 2011
- Police gun down criminal - Jan 05, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Contractor robbed of Rs.4 lakh in Greater Noida - Jun 08, 2010
- Reward announced for capture of escaped convict - Jun 20, 2011
- Rs.13.66 lakh looted in Greater Noida, one held - Nov 30, 2010
- Weapon 'robbed' by Tewatia recovered - Jul 10, 2011
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Four held for robbery in Delhi - Jan 22, 2011
- Two held for killing techie in Greater Noida - Aug 21, 2010
- Man arrested in Noida, mobile phone recovered - May 08, 2008