Man commits suicide after father’s scoldingJanuary 12th, 2011 - 1:09 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan (IANS) A 24-year-old manager of a private company committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in east Delhi after his father scolded him for losing Rs.20,000, police said Tuesday.
The incident came to light around 8 a.m. Tuesday when the body of Varun Jha was found hanging in a park of Hindustan Times Apartments in Mayur Vihar Phase-I area.
Varun was missing since Monday evening after an argument with his father Naveen Chand Sharma.
He used to work as an analysis manager in a private company and lived in Hindustan Times Apartments with his parents and two siblings.
“A few days ago he accidentally lost Rs.20,000 and on this issue his father scolded him. Last evening again the matter was raised by his father and after a heated argument he left his home,” said a police officer.
The officer added that no suicide note was recovered.
- Man jumps before Metro train, dies (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 06, 2012
- Boy falls to death from school building - Jan 25, 2012
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene - Feb 09, 2012
- Man jumps before Metro train, dies - Mar 06, 2012
- Student kills himself after mother's scolding - Mar 10, 2012
- Alcoholic man commits suicide - Jan 19, 2011
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Boy commits suicide after mother's scolding - Feb 28, 2011
- Woman, three held for husband's killing - Feb 11, 2012
- One dead as truck hits tree in Delhi - May 19, 2012
- Jobless youth kills self - May 16, 2012
- East Delhi violence under control - Sep 03, 2012
- Businessman shot at in Delhi - Apr 26, 2011