Man claims car-jacking at gunpoint, police doubt himAugust 13th, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) A man claims that he was robbed off his car at gunpoint in central Delhi, the police said Wednesday but added that they would verify the authenticity of the complaint. The incident took place on Minto Road late Tuesday, according to the car’s driver.
“The driver, Mohan Kumar, came to us at around 11 p.m. on Tuesday and claimed that some motorcycle-borne robbers took away his Indigo car on gunpoint at Minto Road,” a police officer said.
“He said that he was going from INA market to Trilok Puri when the robbery took place. But when his background was checked, it was found that he had been defaulting his car loan instalments,” he added.
The police suspect that Kumar might have cooked up the story. “We are verifying all angles in the case,” the official said.
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Meat trader shot at in Ghaziabad - Aug 06, 2012
- Police gun down five 'robbers' in Chennai (Third Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Police gun down five robbers in Chennai (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
- Salesman robbed of Rs.1.15 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 09, 2010
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- Armed dacoits rob bus passengers - Mar 14, 2012
- Robbery in east Delhi - Feb 09, 2011
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012