Man burnt to death by wife, son for propertyDecember 19th, 2008 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 19 (IANS) A 56-year-old man was burnt to death by his wife and son over a property dispute in a West Bengal town, police said Friday. The two have been arrested.The incident took place at New Barrackpore town in North 24 Parganas district.
“Labonyo Kumar Roy was burnt to death by his wife, Urmila, and son, Ashish, at his New Barrackpore residence early Friday,” a senior police officer at Ghola police station told reporters.
“Preliminary investigations have revealed that Roy had a heated altercation with Urmila and Ashish over signing his will. The wife and son wanted him to write all his property in their name, but Roy declined.”
“Urmila and Ashish first tried to choke him to death, then emptied a can of kerosene oil over him and set him ablaze around 2 a.m.”
Police said Urmila and Ashish have been arrested.
According to police, Roy was frequently beaten up by his wife and son over property issues.
“During investigation, one of Roy’s neighbours said the man was unwilling to hand over his property to the duo because he feared they would kill him after that,” a police source said.
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- 100 men arrested in Kolkata for harassing women - Feb 19, 2011
- Husband shoots dead wife in Bengal, arrested - Apr 19, 2010
- Girl set ablaze in Uttar Pradesh for resisting advances - Feb 17, 2011
- CPI-M, Trinamool workers killed in Bengal - Apr 01, 2011
- Two in jail for blackmailing West Bengal girl - Mar 12, 2011
- Six more held for burning alive Malegaon officer (Lead) - Jan 26, 2011
- Union minister's son held for attacking poll officials (Lead) - Apr 17, 2011
- Indian woman kills herself in Nepal - Jul 27, 2011
- CPI-M leader's kin held over land deal - Mar 24, 2011
- Youth held for shooting cop's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Cop shoots three of family over old love affair (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Four nabbed for setting on fire raiding senior officer (Third Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Cop crushed to death in Delhi - Feb 28, 2011