Man burns wife over liquor tiffApril 20th, 2008 - 1:50 am ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, April 19 (IANS) A woman paid with her life when she refused money to her drunkard, unemployed husband for buying liquor here Saturday, the police said. Mukeshbhai Narayanbhai Parmar of Gomtipur in the city was unemployed and frequently harassed his wife Manjula, whom he had married three years ago.
It was a regular feature - Parmar demanding money from Manjula to buy liquor. However, when Parmar asked for money Friday night, Manjula refused to give any. The argument soon turned violent and in a fit of rage Manjula poured kerosene on herself and threatened to set herself alight if he did not mend his ways.
An irate Parmar took a matchbox and set his wife on fire, the police said.
Hearing Manjula’s cries, neighbours rushed to their house and took her to a hospital. She, however, died Saturday evening.
Parmar has been arrested for murder and a case registered against him, the police said.
- Man kills wife, two daughters - Jul 06, 2012
- Father kills son in Delhi - Jun 18, 2012
- Girl tries to end life after MMS blackmail - Apr 26, 2011
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Woman sets herself on fire in Delhi - Apr 30, 2012
- Woman killed in fight over water - Mar 24, 2012
- Woman accidentally burns self after fight with husband - Jan 08, 2011
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Woman uses bra to strangle neighbour - Aug 21, 2012
- Man strangles landlord's two kids - Nov 22, 2011
- Alcoholic man kills wife - Oct 29, 2011
- Eunuch held for killing live-in partner - May 14, 2011
- Student sets herself afire after teacher's beating - Oct 14, 2011
- Indian woman kills herself in Nepal - Jul 27, 2011
- Woman burns herself, two kids - Jan 20, 2012