Man burns mother alive in Uttar PradeshDecember 4th, 2008 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 4 (IANS) Influenced by the preachings of a black-magic practitioner, a man burnt his mother alive in a village in Uttar Pradesh, residents of the village say. The police, however, claim the incident is linked to a property dispute. The police arrested the accused, Bhukkhan, Thursday morning and are looking for the other co-accused in the case which they claim was related to a property dispute.
“Bhukkhan, along with his wife and mother-in-law, set his mother Gomti on fire late Wednesday night in the Keshwangali village of Rampur district. The other two accused are absconding,” Additional Superintendent of Police B.R. Saroj told IANS on phone.
“Local villagers have informed us that he used to visit a black-magic practitioner very often but the incident is clearly about a property dispute,” Saroj added.
“Bhukkhan was saying a few days ago that the ‘ojha’ (black magic practitioner) had told him to eliminate his mother for financial and other benefits,” a neighbour of Bhukkhan, preferring anonymity, told IANS.
Rampur is about 250 km from here.
- Delhi shooting: Second assailant dies - Sep 11, 2012
- Woman kills mother-in-law, held - Aug 25, 2011
- The charms of India's black magic capital - Dec 03, 2011
- Cop's son kills mother - May 02, 2012
- Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft - Jul 06, 2012
- Tripura trooper guns down five of family - Apr 28, 2012
- Single women victims of witch-hunt in tribal Assam - Nov 02, 2011
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012
- Jharkhand woman killed, cut up, roasted, eaten by murderers - Jun 07, 2011
- Tribal woman killed for suspected witchcraft in Tripura - Feb 11, 2012
- Woman nabbed for killing mother-in-law - Mar 17, 2012
- Man kills wife and three children, then himself - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi cop on shooting spree kills two, self (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Doctor held for cheating - May 28, 2011
- Son kills mother for 'black magic' - Jan 25, 2011