Man booked for suspected honour killing of daughterOctober 29th, 2010 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
Jind (Haryana), Oct 29 (IANS) A man has been booked in a suspected case of honour killing following the death of his 19-year-old daughter in a village in Haryana’s Jind district, police said here Friday.
Neelam, a resident of Jamni village and daughter of Tej Singh, was found dead under mysterious circumstances, a police official said.
“The family members of Neelam, a BA second-year student, had brought her in a critical condition to a civil hospital here Tuesday. They said that she was electrocuted but the post-mortem examination report revealed that she died of suffocation,” a police official said.
“The family members cremated the body immediately after the post-mortem and have been continuously changing their statements. On the basis of our suspicion, we have booked Tej Singh.”
According to police, this could be a case of honour killing.
“We are looking into all angles and would also record the statements of Neelam’s college friends and her neighbours. We can arrest Tej Singh anytime for questioning,” said the official.
Many cases of honour killings, involving young boys and girls, were reported in Haryana during the past few months.
- Dalit youth found dead, family cries foul - Jun 26, 2011
- Haryana woman booked for killing teenaged daughter - Oct 29, 2009
- Air crash: Bodies handed over to families (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Father held for killing teenaged daughter - Jun 14, 2011
- Couple found dead in Haryana, honour killing suspected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Two arrested for honour killing in Haryana - Nov 28, 2010
- Man held for honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 01, 2011
- Haryana honour killing: Man shoots brother-in-law - Nov 12, 2010
- Girl shot dead by father for 'honour' - Feb 29, 2012
- Air ambulance crash: all 10 bodies recovered - May 26, 2011
- Police suspect honour killing in Karnal girl's death - Jun 23, 2011
- Defence ministry official killed wife after fight over childless state? - Apr 03, 2012
- Parents booked over malnourished kid's death (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Couple dead in Haryana, 'honour killing' suspected - Aug 09, 2009
Tags: angles, boys and girls, college friends, critical condition, district police, family members, haryana, honour killing, honour killings, mortem examination, mysterious circumstances, neighbours, police official, post mortem, s college, suffocation, suspicion, tej, young boys