Man beheaded in crowded train compartmentAugust 28th, 2012 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 28 (IANS) A man was beheaded by a group of assailants in a crowded compartment of a train in West Bengal’s Murshidabad district and an accused was arrested for the crime, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place Monday when the Katwa-Azimgunj Passenger train was entering Bazarsau station in Murshidabad district. A group of assailants attacked Khokon Ghosh, 37, and to the horror of other passengers chopped off his head.
“We have arrested a man who is suspected to be behind the beheading of Ghosh. We are interrogating him and other suspects will be apprehended soon,” Superintendent of Railway Police (Howrah) M.K. Das told IANS.
The murder took place Monday afternoon but the body was removed only in the evening when a Government Railway Police (GRP) team finally arrived on the scene.
There were at least five to six attackers and Ghosh, a small trader, was probably murdered over some business-related issue, police said.
- Man beheaded in crowded train compartment, one held (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Two held for harassing women on train - Jul 03, 2011
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Beaten on train, French national dies in Haryana - May 03, 2012
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
- Couple thrown off moving train in Bihar, husband dead - Jan 07, 2011
- One killed in explosion at railway station in West Bengal - Jan 06, 2011
- Another train robbery in Bihar, six injured - Aug 09, 2010
- Two killed after being hit by train - Sep 25, 2010
- Man's body found inside train in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 31, 2010
- Armed men loot train in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 18, 2010
- Railway police forces to join hands to curb crime - Aug 12, 2011
- Five held for molesting woman on train - Feb 07, 2010
- Armed dacoits rob train in Bihar, 13 injured - Aug 06, 2010
- Three arms smugglers held, weapons seized in Bengal - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: assailants, crime police, ghosh, grp, horror, howrah, katwa, monday afternoon, murshidabad district, passenger train, railway police, six attackers, superintendent, train compartment, west bengal