Man beaten to death in row over love affair (Lead)May 19th, 2009 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) A man was allegedly beaten to death after a row between two families over a love affair, police said Tuesday.
Rajesh Thakur, 35, was beaten to death with rods and sticks after a clash broke out Monday between the families of a boy and a girl, who are in a relationship.
A fight broke out between the two families Monday night in Bhajanpura area in which Thakur, the boy’s brother-in-law, got killed, police said.
Police have arrested three people - the girl’s grandfather Shivraj Sharma, and her two uncles Vinod and Anil, said an officer.
“Shivraj went to Rajesh Thakur’s shop in the area with his sons and two other associates. They entered into an argument and beat up the boy’s family members. Rajesh died while three others suffered injuries,” the officer said.
- Man beaten to death over love affair - May 19, 2009
- Engineering student killed for having affair - Nov 24, 2011
- Auto driver beaten to death in road rage - Mar 23, 2012
- Girl dies after being thrashed, thrown down by uncle (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- 3-year-old girl dies after being thrashed by uncle - Mar 25, 2011
- Road rage: BJP councillor beaten up - Nov 07, 2011
- Rajasthan girl seeks annulment of her child marriage - Jun 18, 2012
- Andhra man beats wife for carrying girl child - Apr 03, 2012
- Man held for sodomising, killing minor - Apr 12, 2011
- Man killed - and run over by truck - Apr 09, 2012
- Man killed after being hit by train - Jun 12, 2012
- Mewat tense after mob fury - Mar 29, 2012
- Three sons beat father to death over loud TV - Mar 14, 2012
- Student beaten to death in Ghaziabad - Sep 05, 2010
- Eight killed, one injured in Ohio shooting spree - Aug 08, 2011