Man beaten to death by youths at marriageMay 23rd, 2009 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 23 (IANS) A 70-year-old man was beaten to death by a group of youths after he objected to their indecent behaviour with a troupe of female dancers at a wedding in an Uttar Pradesh village, the police said Saturday.
“Baburam was killed late Friday by seven youths during a wedding function in Jafrabad village of Sitapur district,” police inspector Dhirendra Kumar told IANS on phone.
Baburam was repeatedly hit with wooden sticks and died on the spot. The youths then fled the spot. Later, the police succeeded in nabbing three of the seven youths involved.
“The three youths were nabbed today (Saturday) during our raids conducted in different areas of the village,” said Kumar, adding an intensive search had been launched to nab the other four.
Sitapur is about 100 km from the state capital.
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Two criminals lynched in Uttar Pradesh - May 27, 2011
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Three robbery suspects lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 01, 2011
- Dalit youths paraded naked in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 29, 2009
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Two cops injured in attack by villagers - Jan 05, 2011
- Four policemen injured in mob attack - Apr 12, 2011
- Youth lynched for murdering shopkeeper - Jun 22, 2010
- Youths assault Chandigarh cops, one held - May 18, 2010
- Haryana man killed over love affair, hunt on for attackers - Nov 03, 2010
- Police hunt for poachers in Haryana (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Man lynched in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 03, 2011
- Man held for honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 01, 2011
- Gay couple in UP on run after marrying - Apr 13, 2012