Man banned from driving for 56 yearsJuly 23rd, 2012 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, July 23 (IANS) An Australian motorist has been banned from driving for 56 years after he was caught driving a stolen car at high speed through Sydney’s suburbs and running red lights.
The unnamed man, disqualified from driving till 2068, allegedly drove a stolen white Toyata Tarago van and narrowly missed other cars, Sydney’s Daily Telegraph reported Monday.
Police spotted the van but were forced to abandon their pursuit of the man after it became too dangerous to continue.
The dog squad was then called in after police found the van abandoned. The man was arrested and charged with many offences including driving a vehicle recklessly.
- Naked car thief caught by police dog - Dec 13, 2011
- T&T; footballer Edwards faces jail time - Sep 28, 2011
- Designer jeans worth $1 mn stolen from warehouse - Feb 27, 2012
- Man drags dog, driving Porsche at 115 kmph - Nov 22, 2011
- Geneva Mayor Kevin Burns fined for causing crash - Feb 09, 2011
- Drunk, naked Moscow driver smashes 17 cars - Oct 31, 2011
- Naked Brit man, dubbed Bob the Builder, harasses motorists - Oct 09, 2010
- Brit man was so drunk he drove 4 miles with one wheel missing - Apr 07, 2011
- Savaged by dogs, Briton fights for life - May 21, 2012
- Car exhaust fumes kill Chinese couple - Aug 08, 2011
- Floods, transport chaos hits Sydney - Mar 08, 2012
- Apples fall from sky in Coventry - Dec 15, 2011
- Bugatti Veyron Driver Lets Supercar Loose On Autobahn - Feb 04, 2011
- 227 kg bomb defused in Northern Ireland - Apr 10, 2011
- 777 people fined for drunk driving - Mar 08, 2012