Man attempts suicide outside Congress headquartersApril 2nd, 2008 - 11:25 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) A 45-year-old vegetable vendor Wednesday attempted suicide outside the Congress headquarters here by setting himself on fire, the police said. Amar Singh, a resident of Trilokpuri, poured kerosene on himself and tried to set himself ablaze outside the Congress party headquarters at 24, Akbar Road. However, passersby foiled his suicide bid.
He was overpowered and handed over to the police.
Singh was apparently under depression after the license issued to him for selling vegetables was revoked in 2001, a police official said. Also, he was unable to find an alternative place to continue his business.
- Retired employee tries suicide outside Rajasthan court - May 03, 2012
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Man attempts suicide near chief minister's house - Sep 07, 2010
- Ailing man burns self on pyre - Oct 31, 2011
- Elderly man kills self - Apr 14, 2011
- I have no complaints, says 26/11 martyr's father (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- Self-proclaimed 'God' sets himself ablaze in Russia - Apr 23, 2012
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Pawar attacker sent to 14-day judicial custody - Nov 25, 2011
- Punjab student commits suicide after harassment by classmates - Nov 25, 2010
- Girl tries to end life after MMS blackmail - Apr 26, 2011
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Rape victim succumbs to burn injuries - Apr 18, 2012
- Youth immolates over Trinamool 'fraud', party denies role (Lead) - Mar 06, 2011
- 26/11 martyr's uncle critical after attempted suicide - Feb 04, 2011