Man attempts suicide at Metro stationMay 5th, 2012 - 3:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) A 55-year-old man Saturday attempted suicide by jumping in front of a Delhi Metro train at the INA station here, officials said, in the third such incident in three days.
“The man jumped from the platform after which the driver applied emergency brakes. The incident took place at 12.11 p.m.,” the Metro spokesperson told IANS. The man was rushed to hospital.
The train was going towards Rajiv Chowk.
This is the third such incident in Delhi and its surrounding areas in the last three days.
A 28-year-old woman died Thursday after jumping off a Gurgaon Metro station. Another woman committed suicide by jumping off an elevated Metro station in west Delhi’s Kirti Nagar.
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Track record (To go with Metro suicide story) - Mar 13, 2012
- Woman jumps off Delhi metro station - Aug 27, 2012
- Delhi Metro tries to curb suicides at stations - Sep 06, 2012
- Angst plus stress equals more suicides at Metro stations - Mar 13, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Jun 04, 2012
- Elderly man tries suicide in Metro station, critically injured - Aug 15, 2012
- Chinese woman saved from coming under metro train - Aug 15, 2011
- Man commits suicide by jumping before Metro train - Mar 03, 2012
- Woman falls from Metro station platform, injured (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping before Metro train (Lead) - Dec 15, 2011
- Man jumps to death from elevated Metro station - May 31, 2011
- Man injured after falling on Metro track - Feb 19, 2012