Man attacks daughters with spade; one killed, two criticalApril 23rd, 2009 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 23 (IANS) A man Thursday attacked his three daughters with a spade in Uttar Pradesh’s Chandauli district, killing one on the spot and critically injuring the other two, police said.
While six-year-old Mamta died on the spot, eight-year-old Pooja and Anita, 18, are fighting for life in the district hospital, police said.
“According to reports, Ram Pyare Chauhan attacked Pooja and Mamta with a spade and in her bid to save them, Anita also received grievous injuries,” inspector Dinesh Tiwari of Sahabganj police station told IANS by phone.
Chauhan was nabbed by his neighbours and handed over to the police.
“We have also recovered the spade used to commit the crime and it appears that Chauhan is mentally ill. His neighbours also told us that his behaviour became abnormal after the death of his wife a couple of years ago,” Tiwari added.
- Mosque employee flees after killing boy - Jun 03, 2011
- Father hacks two kids to death in UP - May 18, 2012
- Poacher held with tiger skins - Nov 17, 2010
- Chinese intruder escapes police custody - Sep 01, 2011
- Upset with spouse, tribal woman murders kids - Aug 10, 2010
- Woman commits suicide over husband's affairs (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Three arrested in Baby Falak's case (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Official shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 19, 2011
- Five arrested with explosives - Aug 04, 2011
- Government doctor murdered, two detained - Feb 22, 2011
- Two cops injured in attack by villagers - Jan 05, 2011
- Defeated candidate chops off rival's hand in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 31, 2010
- Child killer gets death in China - May 18, 2012
- Falak continues to battle for life, three arrested in case (Roundup) - Feb 02, 2012
- Manipur man arrested with heroin worth Rs.4 crore - Mar 11, 2010