Man arrested in Delhi for killing sister’s loverJune 10th, 2012 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) A 20-year-old man who had murdered his sister’s lover back home in Uttar Pradesh was arrested here, police said Sunday.
According to police, the accused - Aslam - a resident of Azamgarh murdered his sister’s lover, Rohit Singh who was also their neighbour June 5 and had taken refuge in the capital since.
“He was embarrassed by the affair,” said a police officer, adding that despite several warnings, Singh continued to remain in touch with Aslam’s sister which infuriated him further.
Aslam decided to kill Singh and made a plan with his accomplices and on the night of June 5, the accused along with his friends invited the victim for a party where they consumed alcohol and drugs.
As soon as Singh was intoxicated, Aslam slit his throat with a dagger and the dead body was dumped in nearby sugarcane fields.
After committing the crime, Aslam came to the capital and had been searching for a shelter and a job in Anand Parbat area of north Delhi. However, some locals got suspicious and contacted the police.
Aslam was detained for questioning by police June 9 and he later confessed to his crimes.
- Andhra youth kills girlfriend, attempts suicide - Jun 03, 2011
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Two held for kidnapping, killing lawyer's son - Nov 26, 2011
- Youth killed by friend - Apr 23, 2012
- Oil tankers in J&K; go on indefinite strike - Jul 03, 2012
- Maoists kill 'police informer' - Jun 26, 2012
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Class 8 student kills classmate for his mobile - Jan 10, 2011
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata - Sep 09, 2012
- Oil tankers in J&K; go on indefinite strike (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Man held for wife's murder - May 19, 2011
- Two held for murdering teen - May 30, 2011
- Brother murders NRI sister - May 04, 2011
- Maharashtra corporator's killer nabbed in Lucknow - Jun 02, 2012