Man arrested in Bihar for two massacresJanuary 31st, 2009 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Jan 31 (IANS) A man described as Bihar’s most wanted for his alleged role in two gruesome massacres of 91 Dalits has been arrested, police said Saturday.Sushil Pandey, a “commander” of banned private militia Ranvir Sena, was arrested Friday night by the Special Task Force from a village in Aurangabad district, about 100 km from here.
He carried a reward of Rs.150,000 for his roles in the two massacres at Lakhsmanpur Bathe and Miyanpur.
In December 1997, Ranvir Sena massacred 58 Dalits in Lakshmanpur Bathe village and 33 Dalits and people of other backward classes in June 2000 in Mianpur village of Aurangabad district.
Ranvir Sena is a private militia of upper caste landlords in Bihar and is led by Brahmeshwar Singh, who is currently in jail.
Brahmeshwar Singh was arrested in 2002 and is believed to have masterminded the killings of at least 300 Dalits and backward caste people since the group was formed in 1994.
- Bihar fears revenge attack after Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 07, 2012
- Seven held in Ranvir Sena chief killing case (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Close aide of legislator arrested in Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 06, 2012
- Another arrest in Ranvir Sena chief murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief gets bail - Jul 08, 2011
- Chargesheet filed over Ranvir Sena chief murder - Aug 28, 2012
- Two Bihar legislators face social boycott - Jul 24, 2012
- CBI probe recommended in Ranvir Sena chief killing - Jun 06, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief killed, curfew imposed on Bihar town (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Violent protests rock Bihar for third day - Jun 03, 2012
- Bihar court acquits 23 in caste massacre case - Apr 16, 2012
- Bihar officials asked to explain Dalit hostel attack - Jul 25, 2012
- CPI-ML to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 20, 2012
- Two legislators linked to Ranvir Sena chief murder? - Jun 08, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief shot dead; Bihar put on alert (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012