Man arrested for sending threat e-mail to PatnaikFebruary 2nd, 2010 - 11:40 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 2 (IANS) A 32-year-old man was Tuesday arrested in Orissa for sending a threat e-mail to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, police said.
Pratap Chandra Behera, resident of Astaranga village in Puri district, some 60 km from here, was arrested after he admitted that he had some differences with his cousin Prakash and committed the crime to teach him a lesson, Deputy Commissioner of Police H.K. Lal told IANS.
Pratap told police that he used his cousin’s e-mail account and sent the threat letter to the chief minister. A copy of the e-mail was found intact in the sent folder of the mail account.
The office of the chief minister had received the e-mail Jan 25 and had handed over it to the commissionerate police here for investigation.
The e-mail had sought immediate release of Saswati Das, wife of Orissa’s most wanted Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, who was arrested Jan 15.
The sender had threatened to kill Patnaik if he visited Cuttack, some 26 km from here, to take the salute at the Republic Day parade. Patnaik, however, took the salute without any trouble.
- Threat e-mail to Naveen Patnaik: Cops identify cyber cafe - Jan 26, 2010
- Patnaik receives threat on email - Jan 25, 2010
- In Orissa, thousands defy Maoist boycott call to celebrate R-Day - Jan 26, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik gets threat e-mail from 'Maoists' - Mar 28, 2010
- Threat to replicate Dantewada blood bath in Orissa - Apr 08, 2010
- Maoists send second e-mail to Orissa CM, threaten Dantewada model attack - Apr 08, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik's security beefed up after threat e-mail - Mar 28, 2010
- Threat mail to replicate Dantewada massacre in Orissa traced (Lead) - Apr 08, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik gets hate mail from newly formed central varsity - Feb 02, 2010
- Maoists raise fresh demands, Italians untraced (Night Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Hotmail users complain of missing e-mails - Jan 02, 2011
- IIT engineer arrested for sending threat mail to PM - Jun 10, 2012
- Nigerian held for fraud - Jul 30, 2011
- Maoists abduct two Italians in Odisha (Third Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Hotmail users 'furious' to find empty inboxes, missing folders - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: behera, chandra, chief minister, commissioner of police, cousin, deputy commissioner, e mail account, feb 2, immediate release, lal, maoist, old man, orissa, panda, prakash, pratap, republic day, sabyasachi, salute