Man arrested for selling fake Tata salt, teaMay 30th, 2011 - 3:01 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) A man accused of selling counterfeit consumer goods of reputed companies has been arrested and spurious products worth lakhs of rupees seized from him, police said Sunday.
Rahisuddin,, 30 a resident of Uttar Pradesh would supply the goods to states like West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh. He was arrested Saturday from the Nabi Karim area of central Delhi where he had gone to book a consignment for Kolkata, police said.
“He supplied fake cosmetic products under the Hindustan Unilever name and duplicate Tata tea and salt packets,” a police officer said.
According to police, Rahisuddin revealed that he got the fake products and wrappers from a man in east Delhi.
- Man held with fake notes - Jan 22, 2011
- Police scale down seized fake money haul, say notes good quality - Jan 14, 2012
- Man held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 24, 2010
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake notes - Dec 11, 2010
- Man held in Lucknow with Rs.1 lakh in fake currency - Aug 27, 2011
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011
- Made in India, faked in China -- $5-bn loss - Jan 01, 2012
- Spurious medicine racket busted, two held - Dec 29, 2011
- 'Joint effort needed to eliminate fake goods' - Jun 13, 2012
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Counterfeit, fake and smuggled goods impacting 'Brand India' (Comment) - Jul 08, 2012
- Two arrested with Rs.1 lakh fake currency - Aug 24, 2011
- Man held for supplying fake notes from Bangladesh - Nov 05, 2010
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011