Man arrested for raping minor sister in KolkataAugust 13th, 2012 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 13 (IANS) A 21-year-old man has been arrested for raping his minor sister, police said here Monday.
Fearing a social backlash, the family members were initially reluctant to approach the police but later a complaint was filed at the Maidan police station Saturday.
The alleged offender, identified as Chetan Prasad, was arrested Sunday.
“The medical examination has confirmed rape and Prasad has been arrested. We are also investigating whether the minor was raped repeatedly,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) D.P. Singh said.
- Minor school girl raped in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Mumbai senior cop suspended for raping colleague - Apr 18, 2012
- Woman in Kolkata alleges rape by tenants - May 19, 2012
- Woman alleges gangrape in Kolkata - Aug 13, 2012
- Husband facilitates wife's gang rape in Bengal, absconding - Mar 23, 2012
- Mumbai woman alleges rape in Kolkata - Aug 24, 2012
- Man held for raping minor daughter - Mar 24, 2011
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in vehicle - Feb 18, 2012
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Pinki to face gender test Monday - Jun 16, 2012
- Police pulled up for filing charges in rape case after 6 years - Feb 05, 2011
- Kolkata RJ accuses industrialist's son of raping her - Jul 16, 2012
- French official held for sexually abusing daughter (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012