Man arrested for murdering creditorJuly 16th, 2011 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) A 30-year-old man was arrested for murdering his creditor after being humiliated over not returning an outstanding loan, police said Saturday.
The accused was identified as Anil Sharma, who was addicted to gambling.
“Deepak Singh was Thursday found lying unconscious in a pool of blood in his Dwarka flat by his cousin. He was taken to Ayushman hospital where doctors declared him dead,” said a police official.
After investigation, police zeroed in on Sharma and arrested him from Dwarka Friday, the official said.
“Singh came in contact with Sharma two months ago and gave him money for betting. He also financed Singh’s other friends on his insistence. Sharma was unable to return the money borrowed by his friends from Singh. Singh had humiliated him and his wife over he issue,” the official said.
Sharma decided to kill Singh to avenge his humiliation and shot him with a home-made pistol July 14, added the officer.
- Teen held for killing friend - Jun 27, 2011
- Radhika's killer sent to four days' police custody (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Two held for murdering friend - May 10, 2011
- Chain-snatching gang apprehended in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Youth arrested for killing friend over loan - Jan 29, 2012
- Man running cricket betting racket arrested - Mar 11, 2011
- Two children injured in celebratory firing - May 07, 2011
- Woman carrying pistol held at Metro station - Jul 30, 2011
- Man held for killing DTC driver for Rs.300 - Oct 08, 2011
- Delhi Police teams looking for runaway kidnappers of woman - Jul 26, 2011
- Delhi property dealer attempts suicide - May 02, 2012
- Man held for killing wife over dowry - May 10, 2011
- Radhika's killer to be produced in Delhi court (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Man arrested for killing borrower - Mar 10, 2011
- Man held for impersonating as cop - Mar 20, 2011