Man arrested for murder attempt on grandmaDecember 18th, 2008 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 18 (IANS) A 28-year-old man was arrested here for allegedly conspiring to kill his 85-year-old grandmother to grab her property in west Delhi, the police said Thursday. Arvind Kumar and his friend Roshan Lal, 46, were arrested for allegedly hatching a conspiracy to murder Jamuna Devi at her Hari Nagar house.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Neeraj Thakur said the conspiracy was unearthed when they arrested the two for supplying fake mark-sheets, degrees and were also securing loans from different banks on the basis of forged papers.
“Roshan Lal in his interrogation said Arvind and he made a plan to eliminate Jamuna Devi with the intention to grab her property where she has been living for the last 40 years. They also involved one more person Sanjay in the conspiracy,” Thakur said.
“Two months ago, Arvind and Sanjay entered her house. Arvind covered her mouth with his hand and Sanjay forcibly injected a drug like substance into her body with a syringe to make everyone think that it was a natural death,” Thakur added.
The officer said Jamuna Devi fell unconscious and presuming that she was dead, the accused left the house. Some of her neighbours found her lying unconscious in her house and admitted her to the hospital.
Jamuna Devi in her statement said the property was divided between her husband Nathan Singh and his brother Fathan Singh.
- Man arrested for setting wife afire - Jan 22, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi within 12 hours - Jul 27, 2012
- Tainted IAS officer among 'proud women of Madhya Pradesh' - Nov 02, 2011
- Drunken son kills mother - Feb 05, 2011
- Four more held for air force employee's killing - Sep 11, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
- Congress MP quizzed in missing nurse case - Feb 09, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Elderly landlady murdered for property, three held - Apr 14, 2011
- Couple arrested for killing film producer in Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Properties of Congress lawmaker's sister seized - Feb 17, 2012
- CBI moves to auction Indra Bishnoi's property - Aug 17, 2012
- Three arrested for murder - Nov 07, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: Accused refuses to record statement - Feb 14, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012