Man arrested for making bomb hoax calls to policeJuly 9th, 2008 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) A 27-year-old man was arrested from a Delhi Metro station here Wednesday for making hoax calls to the police about “possible bomb explosions” that caused huge inconvenience to security agencies and people in the city. Ajit Singh, who works for a travel agency here, was detained after he entered the Chawri Bazar Metro station. He stays in Chandni Chowk locality in Old Delhi.
Officials of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) said his pictures were matched with the images captured on the CCTV cameras installed at various Metro stations in Rajendera Place, Chawri Bazar, Rajiv Chowk and Kashmere Gate.
“Singh was taken to the nearest police station, where he confessed to making hoax phone calls on four occasions. He said he had made calls from telephone booths in Rajiv Chowk, Kashmere Gate and Chawri Bazar to the police control room about a possible bomb explosion,” a CISF official told IANS.
He was later handed over to the Delhi Police. Officials, however, could not ascertain Singh’s motive for making these hoax phone calls.
- More escalators in two busy Metro stations - Jul 08, 2010
- Businessman held for making bomb hoax call - May 16, 2011
- 100 pickets set up at Metro stations for CWG security - Oct 12, 2010
- 179 men penalised for using women's coach in Metro - Aug 04, 2011
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Fourth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- With rising ridership, Delhi Metro to have more gates - Jun 20, 2012
- Metro to alert passengers on approaching trains - Jan 30, 2012
- How many coaches? Metro to issue alerts (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Metro commuters to get tips on safe travel - Feb 20, 2012
- Delhi Metro enrolls more Smart Card passengers - May 10, 2011
- Bomb scare shuts Rajiv Chowk station for one hour (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park Metro trial run started - Jul 14, 2011
- Huge crowds on Delhi Metro due to Games - Oct 05, 2010
- Eight women pickpockets arrested from Delhi Metro station - May 03, 2012