Man arrested for killing wifeMarch 8th, 2011 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 7 (IANS) A man, who killed his wife over suspicion that she was having an affair and tried to mislead police by saying he found her dead on reaching home, was arrested Friday, police said.
“Irshad, 25, was held from his home at Rani Garden near Geeta Colony in east Delhi,” said a senior police officer.
Irshad killed his wife, Taranum, 24, by hitting her with a blunt object after a fight Feb 26. “He then called police and told them that when he returned home, he found his wife lying dead,” said the officer.
Taranum’s mother, however, told police she suspected Irshad killed her daughter as the couple were not having a cordial relationship for last few months.
“We detained and questioned Irshad who confessed to killing his wife over suspicion that she might have an illicit relationship with someone,” said the officer.
- Man kills wife in Delhi - Jun 24, 2011
- Man arrested for killing woman in Delhi - Nov 04, 2011
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Man arrested for setting wife afire - Jan 22, 2012
- Woman, paramour held for sister-in law's murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Man held for wife's murder - May 19, 2011
- Man kills friend to continue illicit relationship - Sep 10, 2012
- Inter-caste romance sparks fury, man kills sister - Mar 10, 2011
- Woman kills mother-in-law with paramour's help - Aug 18, 2012
- Yoga teacher kills Israeli woman in Bangalore - May 05, 2011
- Man held for honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 01, 2011
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Man kills daughter over love affair - Oct 24, 2011
- Labourer held for killing wife - Jun 06, 2012
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012