Man arrested for killing wife, paramour in DelhiAugust 10th, 2008 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) A man was arrested Sunday for smothering his wife and her paramour to death at his southwest Delhi after he found them in an objectionable position, the police said. Ram Dev alias Shiv Bachan, 28, killed his wife Geeta and her paramour Jitender, 28, at his rented house in Dabri area July 29. He then chained his wife’s body and hanged Jitender’s body by a pipe from the ceiling.
Ram Dev was arrested after his five-year-old son, who saw both the killings, revealed his name in the post-trauma counselling to a psychologist.
The police said they had received information that one man had committed suicide in the house but discovered two bodies at the home. Geeta’s five-year-old son and one-and-a-half-year daughter were also in the room.
Geeta’s body was lying on the floor of room. Her hands and legs were tied with iron chains and locks and her mouth was taped. Jitender’s body was hanging from an iron pipe from the ceiling.
The police said Geeta was married to Ram Dev Yadav, a peon in Sector-11 Dwarka, six years ago and the two were living in the rented house for the last two years.
Jitender, resident of Azamgarh of Uttar Pradesh, lived in the same building for the past five years but last year started sharing the house with Ram Dev’s family.
“Last year Geeta fell ill and at that time Jitender took care of her in the hospital while her husband stayed at home and looked after their children. Jitender also shared the hospital bill with the accused,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Southwest Delhi) Shalini Singh.
“Jitender then started sharing the house with the family. Ram Dev got suspicious when he saw his wife and Jitender eating together from the same plate but wanted to catch them red handed,” Singh added.
The police said on the day of killing Ram Dev after having lunch went out of his house on the pretext of taking a walk. Soon he saw Jitender going into his house. He returned to his house and saw his wife and Jitender together in a compromising position.
Ram Dev started squabbling with his wife and in the meanwhile Jitender fled from there.
“Ram Dev then put a tape on his wife’s mouth and smothered her with a pillow. He then saw Jitender coming towards his room so he took a stone and hid himself behind the door. As Jitender came inside the room, he hit him on his head from behind and Jitender fell to the floor,” Singh said.
“He tied Jitender’s mouth with a stoll and smothered him to death with the pillow. Thereafter, Ram Dev confirmed that Jitender is dead and hanged his body with a jute rope on to an iron pipe from the ceiling,” Singh added
The police said Ram Dev then tied the hands and legs of his wife with iron chains and locks to make it appear as if Jitender had first killed Geeta and then hanged himself.
Ram Dev then quietly went out for his duty. But his son saw the incident and during post-rauma counselling revealed to the psychologist that his father had killed his mother and Jitender.
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Family found murdered in Delhi - Sep 21, 2012
- Railway employee commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Honour killing: Man held for daughter's murder - Jul 16, 2011
- Man commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- Man kills wife over domestic spat - May 18, 2011
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Punjab man gets death for burning two sons to death - Sep 18, 2012
- Woman found dead in mysterious circumstances - May 19, 2011
- Son arrested for his 86-year-old mother's death - Dec 20, 2010
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Bangladeshi man kills self after seeing wife's body - Mar 10, 2012
- Man smokes in bed, suffocates to death - Jan 22, 2011