Man arrested for killing taxi driverJanuary 22nd, 2012 - 3:10 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 21 (IANS) A 23-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly abducting and killing a taxi driver from the city and escaping with his vehicle in December last year, police said Friday.
Mohammad Sufiyan was arrested from his native place Sambhal in Uttar Pradesh earlier this week. “Police are yet to recover the body of the driver, Zulfikar,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ashok Chand said.
The accused along with his associate Parvez Alam had allegedly hired an Innova taxi on rent Dec 23.
“They killed the driver by offering him a cup of tea laced with heavy dose of sedatives and dumped his body in Sasni area of Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh and fled with his taxi,” Chand said.
The arrest came following investigation into the kidnapping case registered here.
During interrogation, Sufiyan revealed that he had hired the taxi on rent from a travel agency to go to Agra. “They gave a fake identification document to the owner of the travel agency,” Chand said.
- Three held for stealing vehicles after drugging drivers - Mar 09, 2011
- Gang that drugged and robbed passengers caught - Jun 13, 2012
- Dikshit expresses shock over auto driver's murder (Third Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Auto driver beaten to death in road rage (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Man arrested for castrating man - Sep 23, 2011
- Man held for illegally carrying pistol - Jun 20, 2011
- Auto driver beaten to death in road rage - Mar 23, 2012
- Two taxi drivers held for killing woman in Delhi - May 14, 2012
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- Man kills wife for selling taxi - Aug 28, 2012
- Headless body mystery solved, one held - Jul 01, 2011
- Two held for kidnapping, killing lawyer's son - Nov 26, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Dec 23, 2010
- Speeding call centre cab crushes traffic cop - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: aligarh, ashok, chand, commissioner of police, cup of tea, deputy commissioner, fake identification, heavy dose, interrogation, jan 21, kidnapping case, mohammad, New Delhi, old man, parvez, police crime, sedatives, taxi driver, travel agency