Man arrested for killing sister, boyfriendAugust 13th, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 13 (IANS) A man was Monday arrested for stabbing his sister and her friend in Rajasthan’s Sirohi district in a suspected “honour killing” case, police said.
The man, identified as Laxman Kumar, 22, stabbed to death his sister Sangita, 20, and her boyfriend Rafeeq, they added.
According to police, the incident took place in a village near Swarupganj town in the district, some 450 km from Jaipur.
“Sangita had eloped with Rafeeq last year. However, her family members registered a case against Rafeeq. The girl was traced and handed over to her family members,” said a police officer.
The officer said the family members forcibly got Sangita married to someone else.
“However, Sangita left her husband and started living with Rafeeq soon after the marriage,” said the officer.
“It irked her brother Laxman. He stabbed his sister and Rafeeq Sunday evening while the couple were going somewhere on a bike. Laxman fled from the spot after killing both of them,” said the officer.
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Boy elopes with girl, khap orders attack on kin - Aug 23, 2011
- Rajasthan town remains tense after clash, curfew on - Aug 17, 2012
- Man shot in suspected honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 02, 2012
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011
- Eloping couple commit suicide in Rajasthan - Aug 11, 2012
- Woman rescued from human trafficking gang in Rajasthan - Jul 31, 2012
- Suspected 'honour killing', three held (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Youth kills girl friend, commits suicide - Sep 11, 2012
- Police suspect honour killing in Karnal girl's death - Jun 23, 2011
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- Man stabs son, commits suicide in Rajasthan - Aug 06, 2012
- Missing Rajasthan official traced to Chandigarh - Sep 04, 2011
- Caste council strips, beats woman, paramour in Rajasthan - Jul 23, 2012
- Man held for killing daughter, her lover - Nov 16, 2011