Man arrested for killing legislator’s wifeAugust 4th, 2010 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 4 (IANS) A 30-year-old man was arrested here Wednesday for murdering the wife of an Uttar Pradesh legislator and decamping with Rs.50 lakh, police said.
The wife of senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator from the Nai Mandi area of Muzaffarnagar, Hukum Singh, was found strangled to death inside her house in Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar district Saturday.
“The accused Joshodh Chaudhary murdered Revati, 75, and decamped with cash and jewellery worth more than Rs.50 lakh,” Virender Chehel, additional commissioner of police (south-east), told reporters here.
According to the police, Chaudhary who hails from Bihar was residing in Delhi since the last 13 years and was working as a tailor. His two acquaintances, Shankar - domestic help in Singh’s house - and Ravinder - Singh’s ex-servant - helped him commit the crime.
After a tip off, the police apprehended Chaudhary from Badarpur area of south Delhi.
According to the police, one of Chaudhary’s accomplices is still on the run while the other has been arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police.
“A cash amount of Rs.50.80 lakh, six gold rings, a suitcase full of sarees and two gunny bags have been recovered from his possession,” Chehel added.
- Rs.50 lakh recovered from killer of legislator's wife (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Domestic help murdered BJP leder's wife: Police - Aug 03, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh BJP leader's wife murdered - Jul 31, 2010
- Mystery surrounds murder of Uttar Pradesh BJP leader's wife - Jul 31, 2010
- Soldier, another arrested for 'magic mirror' fraud - Apr 24, 2012
- Servant loots former employer's house - May 04, 2011
- Three held for stealing vehicles after drugging drivers - Mar 09, 2011
- Noida house burgled, lakhs missing - Jul 13, 2011
- Two murders convicts escape from Gurgaon jail - Sep 01, 2012
- Bank robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh seized in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh factory - Jun 22, 2011
- Centre arranging gunny bags for Madhya Pradesh - May 10, 2012
- Rs.20 lakh looted from car showroom, guard murdered - Jan 17, 2011
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: 13 years, accomplices, acquaintances, bharatiya janata party, commissioner of police, domestic help, gold rings, gunny bags, hukum, lakh, legislator, muzaffarnagar district, New Delhi, ravinder singh, rs 50, sarees, south delhi, suitcase, uttar pradesh police, virender