Man arrested for killing borrowerMarch 10th, 2011 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 10 (IANS) A 32-year-old man was arrested for shooting a man who refused to pay back the Rs.5 lakh he had borrowed from the former, police said Thursday.
Jitender Sharma, a resident of Sonepat, Haryana, was arrested Wednesday from Pitampura area in west Delhi.
“He shot dead Surinder Singh, 38, Monday and fled with his mobile phone. Singh owed him Rs.5 lakh but was refusing to pay back the amount,” a police officer said.
According to police, Sharma ran an advertisement agency in Pitampura for the last one-and-a-half years and was on the run after the murder.
A 7.65 mm pistol and a Skoda car used by Sharma were also seized, the police officer said.
- Militant nabbed in Meghalaya - Jun 05, 2012
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- Ex-soldier shoots driver - Dec 28, 2011
- Man wanted in 13 criminal cases arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Six held for stealing Pakistan-bound cotton - Jun 19, 2012
- Man arrested for murdering creditor - Jul 16, 2011
- Man held for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 16, 2011
- 11 terror suspects held, 'catastrophe' averted: Karnataka Police (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Man held for killing DTC driver for Rs.300 - Oct 08, 2011
- Security firm employee held for ATM thefts in Delhi - May 30, 2012
- Ex-registrar convicted in housing scam - Aug 29, 2012
- Seven officials jailed for fraudulent land allocation - Sep 03, 2012
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Man involved in 300 vehicle thefts held - Jan 16, 2012
- Noida couple shooting: Ex-husband arrested (Third Lead) - Mar 09, 2011