Man arrested for creating fake profile of RelianceMarch 27th, 2008 - 11:00 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) Mumbai Police Thursday arrested a person from Andhra Pradesh for creating a fake web page of Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications. The cyber cell of the Crime Branch arrested Sujankumar Thaduvayee, 36, for creating a profile of Reliance Communications with a photograph of Anil Ambani and the company logo.
“The web page created by the accused announced that Reliance is going to launch multi-level marketing (MLM) from April and the company is going to sell insurance policies,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Sanjay Mohite told IANS.
Mohite added that the arrest was made after the company sent a complaint to the cyber cell.
The internet protocol (IP) address of the web page was traced to a communications shop in Andhra Pradesh. Sujankumar was owner of the shop.
“With Sujankumar’s arrest, several investors have been saved from being cheated of their hard earned money,” Mohite said.
- Anil Ambani group shares rally on dividend, stake sale talks - Sep 04, 2012
- Reliance-ADAG shares rally - Dec 27, 2011
- Nippon Life to buy into Reliance Group arm - Jan 19, 2012
- Reliance Communications unit files paper for Singapore IPO - Jul 05, 2012
- Ambani seeks higher power tariff to ensure industry's health - Sep 04, 2012
- Nippon Life to invest $290 mn in Reliance Capital arm (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Reliance Communications, TELiBrahma to provide cricket video updates - Mar 16, 2011
- Reliance Capital pact with Nippon in areas beyond insurance - Sep 01, 2011
- Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Rakesh Jain to head Reliance General Insurance - Oct 21, 2011
- Reliance Communications launches 3G tablet - Aug 09, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks in expansion mode with south India focus - Feb 01, 2012
- Ambani brothers pledge 'environment of harmony' with new pact (Roundup) - May 23, 2010
- RNRL signs new gas pact with RIL; Stocks move up (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Reliance Communications bags HDFC's Rs.1,400 crore order - Sep 08, 2011