Man allowed divorce over wife’s ‘illicit’ affairsMay 21st, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 21 (IANS) A man who suffered mental agony due to his wife’s suspected illicit relationships was allowed by a Delhi court to end his marriage with her.
Additional District Judge Sujata Kohli, in an order made available Monday, said: “It has been clearly established from the unrebutted testimony of the petitioner (man) that the respondent (wife) has indulged consistently and persistently in a conduct which would have serious impact on the mind of the petitioner causing him extreme mental cruelty.”
The man contended that his life had become miserable due to the illegal affairs of his wife, whom he married in 2001. The petitioner claimed that he caught her with her friends in flagrante.
The court observed that the petitioner was not able to prove, in accordance with the evidence act, the documents provided by him.
The judge noted that the allegations against the woman were of serious nature and she neither rebutted them nor appeared in the court to present her case.
The man told the court that they had both lived together before their marriage which was solemnised in February 2001. He said she deserted him in April 2010 and took their minor daughter along with her.
“It is alleged by the petitioner that for the last two years there has been turbulence in the married life of the parties due to illicit affairs of the respondent (woman) with other people,” the court said.
- A judge couple gets divorced - Apr 02, 2012
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Maid lived as wife, should get maintenance: high court - Apr 19, 2011
- Can't ignore kin's evidence in matrimonial dispute: SC - Jul 05, 2012
- Court sets aside divorce granted to man - Apr 11, 2011
- Court declines man's plea on marriage with lover - Jun 25, 2012
- Delhi court asks police to protect blind man from ex-wife - Jun 27, 2012
- Court marriages on the rise in Islamabad - Aug 08, 2011
- Japanese weds Islamic style in Bihar - Mar 02, 2011
- Tripura woman sent to jail for torturing husband - Aug 08, 2011
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Court quashes man's life term for dowry death - Oct 27, 2011
- Few isolated incidents in marriage not cruelty: Apex court - Oct 08, 2010
- Malaysian woman leaves hubby who married 15 others! - May 02, 2011
- 99-year-old divorces wife for affair 60 years ago - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: allegations, delhi court, district judge, divorce, evidence act, illegal affairs, illicit affairs, kohli, marriage, married life, mental agony, mental cruelty, minor daughter, New Delhi, petitioner, relationships, respondent, testimony, turbulence