Mamata sings patriotic number in reality showJanuary 13th, 2009 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 13 (IANS) Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Tuesday evening participated in a reality show, organised by a private television channel here, and sang popular patriotic song “Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo”.”I believe music is the lifeline of our nation. Though my voice is extremely choked, but still I’ll sing a few lines from one of my favourite patriotic songs,” Banerjee said before singing the number originally rendered by Lata Mangeshkar.
She sang the lines on the request of the programme anchor Aditya Narayan who was hosting Zee TV’s “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa”.
“Generally, I don’t sing. So please don’t consider me as a singer. It’s a different issue that I hardly get any time to practice singing. I generally get very busy with my political programmes. I think singing is worship and you have to devote some time for it,” she said.
The Trinamool supremeo, who appeared in a new avatar, also wished luck to all the contestants of the reality show.
- Legendary Lata not ready to call it quits - Jun 05, 2011
- Vishal-Shekhar Impressed by "Little Nightingale" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa - Aug 25, 2010
- Vishal-Shekhar go crazy over 'Little Nightingale' - Aug 24, 2010
- 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012' returns with new twists - Sep 12, 2012
- TV will give face to my voice: singer Javed Ali - May 25, 2011
- 'X-Factor' is beyond the mediocracy of talent shows: Sonu Nigam - Feb 23, 2011
- Lata felicitated on father's death anniversary - Apr 25, 2011
- Histrionics, poetry and frayed nerves - Mamata at her best (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- Kamal Khan wins 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa' - Dec 26, 2010
- Purab Kohli quits as 'Sa Re Ga Ma...' host - Oct 05, 2010
- Mamata recites Lata's song - Feb 25, 2011
- Manish Paul's forte - making sense out of nonsense (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- Adnan, Kailash, Javed Ali to judge 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs' - May 04, 2011
- Zee TV launches new season of music reality show - Aug 04, 2010
- Haryana announces Rs.21 lakh for 'little champ' - Oct 02, 2011