Mamata pushes for better implementation of welfare schemesMay 24th, 2011 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 24 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday met officials and discussed issues linked to development, the public distribution system and law and order, and directed a revamp of the system for implementation of policies, a minister said.
“The district magistrates and police superintendents have given a detailed report on development issues, ongoing government projects, public distribution system, law and order situation and others. Banerjee has given orders to run the systems smoothly,” said Commerce and Industries Minister Partha Chatterjee at the state secretariat.
The chief minister has given a special thrust to the public distribution system to provide food grain to poverty-stricken people in remote areas, including Junglemahal (Maoist-affected forested areas in western part of the state).
All problems raised by the district officials have been discussed with the secretaries of the department concerned and officials have been asked to submit status reports on government schemes and projects, said Chatterjee.
“We have also discussed the schemes like rural job guarantee and other social security schemes and asked the officials to improve their implementation,” said Chatterjee.
“The chief minister has also sought reports on land holding from all department heads at the earliest as she wants to prepare a land bank,” he said.
The government has planned to upgrade meteorological forecast facilities to inform the people about weather predictions on time.
- Women to have 10 percent reservation in Kolkata Police - Aug 17, 2012
- Mamata slams Left for questioning her performance - Jan 12, 2012
- Violence, killings down in Maoist areas, says Mamata - Jun 29, 2012
- Bengal aims at 60 days work under rural jobs scheme - Apr 24, 2012
- Bengal assembly passes bill to relax land ceiling laws - Apr 03, 2012
- Hasten industrialisation, Mamata tells state machinery - Jun 18, 2011
- Hooch sellers to be helped into alternate trade: Mamata - Dec 23, 2011
- Bengal minister meets Infosys top brass on stalled project - Sep 07, 2012
- Banerjee announces sops for Muslims, honorarium for Imams - Apr 03, 2012
- Mamata-Antony meeting on important Bengal projects - Aug 18, 2012
- Mamata announces sops for Maoist-hit zone (Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Will review cases of all political prisoners: Mamata - May 20, 2011
- GAIL chairman meets Mamata, to submit proposals soon - Jun 08, 2011
- Reforms coming too slowly in Bengal: Investors (One year of Mamata Banerjee) - May 14, 2012
- Bengal government awaiting response on concessions to Infosys - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: chief minister, district magistrates, district officials, food grain, government projects, government schemes, industries minister, law and order, mamata banerjee, maoist, partha chatterjee, police superintendents, public distribution system, secretaries, social security schemes, state secretariat, thrust, weather predictions, welfare schemes, west bengal