Malmerdi wins gold for Italy in kayak slalomAugust 1st, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, August 1 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Davide Molmenti won Italy’s third gold medal of the London Olympics Wednesday, claiming the men’s K-1 kayak slalom.
Molmenti’s time of 93.43 with no penalties was enough to give the reigning European champion gold, 1.35 seconds faster than Vavrinec Hradilek of the Czech Republic.
Just 0.14 seconds separated Hradilek from Germany’s Hannes Aigner, who won bronze.
Poland’s Mateusz Polaczyk was fastest on the top section of the course, but he lost time in the middle and finished fourth.
The only previous Olympic medallist competing in the event, Togo’s Benjamin Boukpeti was tenth and last in the final after picking up 54 seconds of time penalties.
- Olympics: Women's four gives Hungary second Kayak gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Gelana wins gold in women's marathon - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic Kayak single gold for Hungary - Aug 09, 2012
- China's Chen takes badminton bronze - Aug 05, 2012
- Gold for France's Decosse in women's 70 kg judo - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Weber, Dietze steer Germany to kayak double gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympics: Hungarian duo wins Kayak gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Frenchman Tony Estanguet slaloms to canoe gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympic sailing: Sweden takes gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic canoe slalom: France's Fer paddles to kayak gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic badminton: South Koreans take men's doubles bronze - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Norway's Larsen takes Kayak sprint gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Murray reaches second round at Olympics - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Canoe sprint gold for New Zealand's Carrington - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympics: McKeever wins canoe gold - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: aigner, august 1, czech republic, davide, european champion, germany, gold medal, hannes, italy, kayak slalom, london olympics, mateusz, olympic medallist, olympics, poland, ria novosti, slalom, time penalties, vm