Malik claims ignorance of Pakistan chief justice’s son caseJune 13th, 2012 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 13 (IANS) Pakistan’s former interior minister Rehman Malik has denied any knowledge about a film related to Arsalan Iftikhar, son of Pakistan Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry.
Malik, now an adviser on interior affairs to Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, has also categorically denied the government is aware of the film, the daily Dawn reported.
In a statement issued under oath, Malik said neither he nor the federal interior ministry had any information about Arsalan Iftikhar’s film.
The chief justice had earlier stepped down from a Supreme Court bench suo motu hearing the case of his son over having allegedly received millions of rupees from powerful real-estate tycoon Malik Riaz.
Malik has said that the accusations levelled against him by certain television anchors are unfounded and fabricated. He has directed his lawyers to file a Rs.3 billion (about $32 million) suit against the anchors.
- Not aware of chief justice's son's case: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistani daily lauds chief justice for not sparing son - Jun 08, 2012
- Pakistan Chief Justice urged not to hear son's case - Jun 07, 2012
- Pakistan chief justice summons son over graft reports - Jun 06, 2012
- Strict action ordered against Pakistani chief justice's son, realtor - Jun 15, 2012
- Allegations against CJI aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran - Jun 14, 2012
- Allegations against Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan tycoon dares apex court chief justice - Jun 14, 2012
- Court suspends Rehman Malik's Senate membership - Jun 04, 2012
- Pakistani court asks parties to expel criminals - Oct 06, 2011
- Pakistani apex court suspends Rehman Malik from Senate (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Pakistan SC concerned over out-of-court settlements - Jun 01, 2012
- Pak NAB claims it has no trace of money in Swiss accounts - Oct 13, 2010
- Police encounters developing culture of slaying people with indemnity: Pak SC - Jan 29, 2011
- Pakistan apex court chief justice to be honoured - Apr 29, 2012
Tags: accusations, adviser, chief justice iftikhar, chief justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, gilani, iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, interior affairs, interior minister, interior ministry, justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, muhammad, pakistan supreme court, raza, real estate tycoon, rehman malik, rupees, supreme court bench, supreme court chief justice, television anchors, yousuf