Malaysian Indian Bishop’s funeral TuesdayDecember 8th, 2008 - 1:19 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Dec 8 (IANS) Evangelical Lutheran priests from countries like India and Sweden are to attend the funeral of Bishop Danaraj Paul, an ethnic Indian, who drowned in Guatemala last month. His body arrives home Tuesday, his wife Alice Santha said. The funeral will be held the same day, The Star newspaper said.
Santha had confirmed the details of the flight that is carrying his remains back to Malaysia, said the Lutheran World Federation (LWF) authorities in Guatemala where Paul was attending a meeting.
Paul, who was head of Malaysia’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, drowned during a visit to Lake Atitlan after a meeting in Guatemala City. Two other people also died in the accident.
Silas Das, diocesan secretary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Malaysia, said Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Bernard Dompok was expected to attend the funeral with church leaders from India, Sweden and Australia.
Officials from the LWF headquarters in Geneva were also expected to be present at the ceremony.
- Malaysian Indian Bishop laid to rest - Dec 10, 2008
- Hindus laud Lutheran World Federation for its call to other religions of developing 'common vision' - Jul 23, 2010
- Hindus urge newly elected head of Lutheran World Federation to promote interfaith dialogue - Oct 31, 2009
- Presence of CPI-M politburo member at church altar kicks up row - Sep 02, 2012
- Palestinian elected head of global Lutheran church body - Jul 24, 2010
- New bishop for post left vacant for 48 years in China - Jul 15, 2010
- Lutheran Church welcomes Hindu leader on Christmas Eve - Dec 27, 2010
- Ranchi church selects first woman priest - Nov 16, 2010
- Kerala cardinal passes away - Apr 01, 2011
- Syro Malabar Catholic Archbishop Vithayathil passes away - Apr 01, 2011
- Gay Pastor's Reinstatement Creates Headlines - May 08, 2010
- Goa debates priest's entry into poll politics - Jan 14, 2012
- Catholic Church bans footy club songs, popular music from funerals - Sep 10, 2010
- Hindus greet Swedes on St. Lucia's day - Dec 07, 2010
- Priest gunned down in Guatemala - Jan 28, 2012