Malaysia to continue giving 30-day visas on arrival to IndiansJune 5th, 2008 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, June 5 (IANS) Malaysia will continue to give month-long visas on arrival (VOA) to tourists from India, Human Resources Minister S. Subramaniam has said. The home ministry gave the assurance following a news report that the 30-day visa issued to tourists from India would be reduced to two weeks, the Indian origin minister was quoted as saying in The Star Thursday.
The earlier news report had said that tourists from India would need to have a social visit pass for two weeks and a return air ticket if they wanted to visit Malaysia.
“The home ministry has said that the report is inaccurate. The immigration department will continue with its VOA facility for tourists from India,” he said, adding that the home ministry would issue a formal statement.
The Indian tourist traffic has recorded a phenomenal increase in the recent years with more flights between the two countries. Also tourism bodies, both state-owned and private, promote their respective destinations in a big way.
Besides tourism, Malaysia has also been a favourite sports and film shooting destination for Indians.
- Rise in Visa on Arrivals in June 2012 - Jul 11, 2012
- Malaysia to make visas easier for Indians - Jul 08, 2010
- India posts 25 percent increase in visas on arrival - Sep 11, 2012
- 40,000 Indians 'disappear' in Malaysia, visa on arrival scrapped - Aug 03, 2010
- Malaysia to make visa access easier for Indian tourists - Jul 08, 2010
- Over 5,000 tourists from five countries avail visa on arrival - Nov 11, 2010
- Visa on arrival facility to stay for Indian tourists in Malaysia - Jun 05, 2008
- India, Pakistan likely to sign visa pact Saturday - Sep 07, 2012
- 3151 tourist visas issued under 'Visa on Arrival' scheme - Jul 18, 2010
- 5,644 on-arrival visas issued till November - Dec 09, 2010
- Two Indians dead, 22 injured in Malaysia accident (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Malaysian Deputy PM heads for five-day visit to India - Mar 08, 2011
- More foreign travellers opting for visa on arrival - Aug 13, 2012
- Government won't ease strict tourist visa rules (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- More than 800 visas on arrival issued in July - Aug 12, 2011