Malaysia Airlines places new Indian cuisine on flight menuNovember 4th, 2008 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 4 (IANS) Chettinad chicken, Kerala vegetarian curry, Kodaikaanal mutton, vegetable rice biryani and other Indian cuisines are now part of Malaysia Airlines’ new menu items.The airlines announced Tuesday that it has introduced Indian meals on its flights from Nov 1.
The only Malaysian full frills carrier that continues to serve complimentary in-flight meals since 1972, said the new menu items would be served in all classes of its international medium and long-haul flights irrespective of the fare paid.
“We aim to deliver outstanding in-flight food and beverage offerings in our efforts to position our brand as a five-star value carrier using the most creative, innovative and exceptional in-flight meal standards,” Malaysia Airlines general manager (in-flight services) Puan Hayati Dato Ali said in a statement.
The new menu is conceptualised with the airlines caterer LSG Skychefs and chefs Satish Arora and Kannan from TajSATS Air Catering, India.
“The new menu cycle will see a refreshed array of authentic Indian vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals served in-flight on all Malaysia Airlines’ flights between Malaysia and India,” Ali said.
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Lufthansa offers students a `Touch of Home' in the air - Jun 07, 2010
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Air India to change menu for short flights - Jan 31, 2012
- Study: Airline Food could be a threat for your health - Jun 29, 2010
- Govt Documents Claim Airline Foods Can Be A Health Threat - Jun 29, 2010
- Pakistanis cook a platter, forge cultural bonds - Apr 15, 2012
- Airline Food Preparation is Unsafe, Numerous Kitchens Cited by FDA as Unsanitary - Jun 29, 2010
- Sumptuous spread at PM's luncheon for Zardari - Apr 08, 2012
- Emirates to launch flights to Portugal - May 26, 2012
- Indian food artist to judge Finnair quality - Oct 22, 2011
- Sumptuous menu at UPA's dinner; Mulayam, Lalu on main dais - May 23, 2012
- Meat ration for Indian soldiers hiked - Jul 02, 2011
- Lufthansa promises rich Indian gourmet treat above the clouds - Aug 29, 2009
- FDA says that airline food could pose a health risk - Jun 29, 2010