Major power cuts planned in seven Kerala districtsAugust 13th, 2008 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, Aug 13 (IANS) The Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) said it would impose significant cuts in power supply for seven days Aug 17-23 in the seven northern districts of the state to facilitate repair of power transmission line damaged in Palakkad district. The repair on 400 kv transmission line of Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL), from Udumalpettai in Tamil Nadu to Madakkathara in Kerala, was necessitated after a tower got damaged in a landslide, a KSEB press release said here Wednesday.
“There will be significant power curbs in night time in the seven districts of northern Kerala from Aug 17 to 23,” KSEB chief engineer (transmission) A.N.J. Joseph said.
The KSEB authorities said the PGCIL power line brings in a major portion of nearly 1,000 MW power supplied to Kerala from the Central grid.
- Jharkhand to spend Rs.1,600 crore to lay power lines - Feb 26, 2012
- Jharkhand appoints consultant for Rs.1,500 crore transmission line - Feb 01, 2012
- KEC International bags new orders worth Rs.1,416 crore - Apr 20, 2012
- Jaypee's transmission line synchronized with Powergrid - Mar 06, 2012
- ZTE bags enterprise solutions contract from Power Grid - Sep 13, 2011
- Power crisis grips northeast India: Tripura minister - May 10, 2012
- Power supply nearly restored in Kashmir Valley - Jan 09, 2012
- Mine explosion hits Myanmar power grid - May 26, 2012
- KEC International bags orders worth Rs.1,018 crore - Dec 27, 2010
- Andhra, south India safe from grid disturbances - Jul 31, 2012
- Northern power grid was again on verge of tripping - Aug 02, 2012
- Fog disrupts power transmission in Haryana - Dec 22, 2011
- Was UP behind Tuesday power mess? Officials say a firm no - Jul 31, 2012
- PGCIL to develop UP towns as 'smart-grid' cities - Apr 05, 2012
- End bias against Tamil Nadu: AIADMK - Aug 27, 2012