Major fire in textile factory, no casualtyApril 8th, 2011 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Meerut (Uttar Pradesh), April 8 (IANS) Fabric and machinery worth around Rs. 2 crore were reduced to ashes in a massive fire at a textile factory in this Uttar Pradesh city Friday, an official said. No casualty was reported.
The fire, believed to have been sparked off by an electrical short-circuiting, engulfed Bharat Textiles factory in Transport Nagar. Six fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the blaze, chief fire officer (CFO) I.S. Soni told reporters here.
It took three hours to bring the blaze under control but a major portion of the factory was destroyed by then, he said.
“It was a major fire, but due to timely intervention, the fire could not spread to other establishments in the vicinity,” he added.
A few employees, who were trapped inside the factory, were rescued by police and fire brigade officials.
“Though the exact financial loss in the fire is yet to be established, initially it has been pegged at around Rs. 2 crore,” said Soni.
Meerut is around 450 km from Lucknow.
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 29, 2011
- Major fire in state power utility's warehouse - Feb 05, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh hotel, no casualty - Sep 29, 2011
- Major fire in Meerut market, no casualty - May 02, 2011
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Major fire at Delhi factory - May 12, 2011
- Massive fire in plywood factory, no casualty - Nov 20, 2010
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Major fire in Moradabad brassware factory, no casualty - Jan 13, 2011
- Massive blaze in Kanpur factory - Mar 21, 2011
- One killed in Noida factory blaze - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: blaze, casualty, chief fire officer, crore, establishments, fabric, fire brigade, fire tenders, massive fire, meerut, rs 2, soni, textile factory, textiles, timely intervention, uttar pradesh city, vicinity