Major fire in state power utility’s warehouseFebruary 5th, 2011 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Allahabad, Feb 5 (IANS) Equipment and goods worth around Rs.1 crore were gutted Saturday after a major fire broke out in a warehouse of the state-owned Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL) here, police said. No casualty has been reported.The fire engulfed the UPRVUNL warehouse in the industrial Naini area, and over 15 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames.
“Within minutes, the fire engulfed the entire warehouse, that also houses a repairing unit of transformers, and started spreading to nearby establishments,” Police Inspector Satyendra Tiwari told reporters in the city, some 200 km from Lucknow.
“It took over three hours to control the blaze,” he added.
Several employees were present inside the warehouse when the fire broke out but all of them managed to come out safely.
“Even as the exact financial loss caused by the fire is yet to be ascertained, it has initially been pegged at around Rs.1 crore. Transformers, cables and other power-related equipment were destroyed in the fire,” said Tiwari.
According to police, the exact cause behind the fire was yet to be established.
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- New thermal station in UP starts generation - Jul 07, 2012
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 29, 2011
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Massive fire guts machinery in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Feb 26, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011
- Mathura market fire destroys goods worth Rs.50 lakh - Feb 11, 2011
- Major fire breaks out in Lucknow plastic factory - Feb 21, 2011
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Fire in firecrackers warehouse, three injured - Oct 20, 2010
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Fire in wholesale grain market, no casualties - Mar 01, 2011