Major fire in paper factory, no casualtiesApril 26th, 2011 - 12:10 pm ICT by IANS
Varanasi, April 26 (IANS) Goods worth around Rs.25 lakh were gutted after a massive fire broke out in a warehouse of a paper factory here early Tuesday, police said. Two people received minor injuries.
The fire engulfed the warehouse of the factory in Maruali area, following which seven fire tenders were pressed into service.
“It could have been a major tragedy. But with the timely intervention of firefighters, the blaze could not spread to other nearby establishments… It took over six hours to bring the situation under control,” police inspector Shabbir Ahmad said in Varanasi, some 300 km from the Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
A few workers, who were trapped inside the warehouse, were rescued by firefighters with the assistance of locals. In the process, two people received minor injuries, police said.
“Though the exact loss is yet to be ascertained, initially it has been pegged at around Rs.20-25 lakhs,” said Ahmad.
An electric short-circuit is believed to be the reason behind the incident.
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh factory - Jun 22, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 29, 2011
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Leather goods warehouse gutted, no casualty - Nov 11, 2010
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Major fire in state power utility's warehouse - Feb 05, 2011
- Major fire in Kanpur warehouse, no casualty - Oct 07, 2010
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Motorbike showroom gutted in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2011
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: ahmad, blaze, casualties, early tuesday, establishments, fire tenders, firefighters, lakh, lakhs, locals, massive fire, minor injuries, police inspector, shabbir, short circuit, situation under control, six hours, timely intervention, tragedy, uttar pradesh capital